Herniated Bulging Discs
Herniated & Bulging Disc Treatment Triangle Disc Care
Spinal Decompression Therapy
Located in Raleigh, NC
Any combination of injury or stress that results in a weakening of the outer annular fibers of the disc may eventually lead to a bulged disc or herniated disc that can pinch the nerve root or spinal cord, causing severe pain. At Triangle Disc Care in Raleigh, the doctor will take your disc pain treatment seriously.To make an appointment with our provider, book it by phone.
A number of factors, including age, can cause or contribute to a herniated or bulging disc. These factors include the following:
- Obesity, which creates additional gravitational stress on each joint
- Too little exercise, resulting in a gradual weakening of the supporting muscle and ligamentous structures, making the disc prone to injury from everyday activities.
- Injury caused by too little activity during the week followed by too much on the weekend.
- Falls and accidents, which can hurt both an already weakened spinal joint and a healthy one.
- Repeated episodes of even minor injuries, which can eventually result in muscle tension and/or inflammation limiting the motion (and therefore the pumping action) of the disc, which becomes stiffer and drier, causing it to lose its shock absorbing properties.
- Poor health habits including too much soda pop/not enough water, inadequate nutrition, alcohol use and nicotine use.
In addition, there may be an as-of-yet unidentified genetic factor causing some individuals to be more likely to develop a herniated or bulging disc.
At Triangle Disc Care, we specialize in using Spinal Decompression Therapy in Raleigh to help pull the protruding disc material back inside the disc. This works by gently separating or stretching the vertebra on either side of the disc 5 to 7 millimeters creating negative pressure (or a vacuum) inside the disc to pull in the bulging disc material, as well as water, oxygen, and nutrients to help it heal.
The purpose of the free consultation and free initial examination is to determine whether a specific individual patient is a good candidate for the services we provide. Factors such as chronicity of the condition, age and general fitness level of the patient, exercise and nutrition habits, adherence to the treatment plan and many other factors all influence outcomes as will be explained by the doctor during the consultation. Call Now! 919-571-2515